Pasta with canned sardines

Thursday 10 December 2009


Easy
Time of preparation: 20-30 min

1 pack of pasta (I prefer spaguetti)
1 can of sardines (I think the ones in olive oil go best)
1 cup of double cream
1 cup of milk
1 tbspoon of corn flour
1 shrimp stock cube (I didn't have one and used vegetable and it was good!)
1 onion, finnely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 pepper chopped
1 tbspoon of butter
2 cloves of garlic, finnely chopped
coriander and parsley (a pinch of each)
salt and pepper

On a pan, add the onion and garlic, heating up with the butter. Let if golden. Add the sardines WITH the sauce, add the other ingredients (apart from the double cream). When everything is cooked (around 10-15 min later, add the double cream. If its still thin, mix the corn flour with the milk and add it to the mix. Mix it all up until it thickens.

Cook the pasta  al dente.
Distribute the pasta on plates or a big bowl and add the sauce. Mix it all up. Sprinkle some parmesan on top.

OBs: I didn't have double cream when I cooked it, so I just used the milk and corn flour. It was delicious anyway.

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thank you! Keep checking the blog for my next post will be sardines pate. I think you'll like that!

Vanessa's Home Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino